Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Social Bookmarking Worked for Me!

Since I recently decided that it would be a good idea to diversify my online empire with a few blogs, I started looking into things like social bookmarking. I didn't think it would help at all, but I tried it out, if for nothing other than to further my site-building education.

With most of the blogs that I tagged on del.icio.us, nothing much happened - I got the random visitor here and there, but nothing to speak of really. That was the case with all except for one of my blogs... one of them got picked up by a section in Yahoo! At first I got a nice little flood of visitors, then it calmed down... but it didn't stop. I realized that if I posted new content every day - that this section of Yahoo! would pick it up.

Last month I made about $70 from these visitors. And that's not all... since my brand new blog had this great backlink (I can only assume) I started getting a nice handful of Google visitors - this equated to more revenue.

So all in all, for taking a few seconds to submit my posts to del.icio.us, I ended up making about $100 extra last month - making the month's total $560.

Another thing about blogs is that it seems easier to get good backlinks with them - I've made some good blogroll exchanges and have even stumbled into getting 4 PR 7 backlinks... so I'm very optimistic to see how they turn out in a few months.

As for the other sites... they seem to be doing a little better all the time - of course, it is the holidays, but they're getting more Google traffic than before - so that's promising.

3 Comments:

Blogger Administrator said...

Do you mean that you was featured on Yahoo's homepage?

Franck.
Make Money With Affiliate Programs

11:54 AM

 
Blogger Administrator said...

Do you mean that you was featured on Yahoo's homepage?

Franck.
Make Money With Affiliate Programs

12:00 PM

 
Blogger Sangeeta said...

I appreciate this wonderful blogsted?

SEO Company

10:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home