Wednesday, November 08, 2006

So I started 2 new blogs...

They're pretty lame. I started them on two of my affiliate sites to maybe help things out, to maybe have something to put text link ads on as well, but honestly, I don't know if this is just a big waste of time or not.

They're over candles and dogs, and I can put products on them and news and such, but it's really hard for me to make them interesting, haha, I mean, I don't have any strong feelings for the subjects.

Have any of you out there tried out blogs with your affiliate sites? Is it worth it??? Should I just stop and delete them now???

3 Comments:

Blogger BJ said...

Jenn, I haven't actually added a blog to an affiliate site, but I've started blogs that ARE affiliate sites, and they actually do okay - except for one thing. I find that my sales dip unless I keep adding new content (products). Sigh. So much for truly passive income.

3:42 PM

 
Blogger jenn said...

Haha, I think I lost the hopes for a truly passive income a long time ago :'( Oh well, at least I enjoy making sites.

Well, I think I will keep them, maybe the non-pressure of having blogs will keep me writing and in turn, maybe, make me a sharper writer. :)

That Amateur Gourmet site made me start my own gourmet blog too - It'll give me an excuse to go out to eat more often. :)

3:58 PM

 
Blogger Bonnie said...

I have one blog with an aff site. I think it picks up a lot of traffic, but I'm not sure it converts to sales. I do get clicks if I feature something on the blog sidebar, but my readers, who are very loyal don't usually end up on my home page.

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home