Tuesday, November 14, 2006

If You Give a Blogger Some Syrup... A ReviewMe Review

Sponsored Post:

Getting paid per post may seem like the syrup on the pancake for bloggers, but many have concerns about it, like 'is it really worth it' and 'will it make me a whore' and 'where is a good place to get started'? Well, the answer to the first two questions can get complex, but the third one isn't.

Over the past few weeks, ReviewMe has been one of those buzzwords that's been flying around blogs and forums. But like many other affiliate-marketing related buzzwords, I chose to ignore it - I mean, there are just too many "new ways to make money online" for one to look into each and every one - especially since my time is limited. So I ignored it. That is, until two bloggers who I really trust, Chrissie and Empress were checking it out - and had some good things to say about it.

So I decided to give it a spin, seeing as how I am currently working on some new blogs and plan on looking into good ways of monetizing them in the future. The first thing that impressed me (as well as other bloggers) is how quickly you can get started (webmasters tend to have disturbingly short attention spans). It took right around three minutes for me to apply and to get accepted, and voila! I had a project.

The payout is another thing that impressed me - I can see how one could make a pretty good amount per post if they had a decent blog going.

Now, for the big question on everybody's mind:

Will this make me a dirty little whore??

I don't think so... if the review is on topic with your blog - and if you're honest in your review (remember - they aren't paying you to give a good review - just a review - so by all means - be honest!), then I think it can be valuable to the reader. And as BJ pointed out, if you're clever enough, you can make a paid post full of integrity and wildly entertaining as well.

What if I can't make it wildly entertaining?

Then sharpening your thinking skills through writing will certainly help you become a cleverer writer along the way. And that's another plus - I know I put a lot more thought into this post than I do for most of my blog posts - which often range from stream-of-consciousness to downright flippant. Something about having an assignment just makes me want to make things a little more... structured - for good or for bad.

But whatever the case, having writing assignments may compel you to write more, which may make you a better writer, which may make your blog more interesting, which may make your payout higher, which may make you want to write more, and chances are, if you're writing more... you may want some syrup to go with it.

ReviewMe

3 Comments:

Blogger Yogesh said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month.
So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income.
All the best.

6:11 AM

 
Blogger Suseela Susiee said...


Awesome article. It is so detailed and well formatted that i enjoyed reading it as well as get some new information too.


SAP HR training in Chennai

6:05 AM

 
Blogger Karthi Keyan said...

Its fantastic explaintion lot of information gather it...nice article....
seo company in Chennai

2:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home