Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I have a new affiliate guide...

Okay, I don't think I ever will follow just one system, but I'm using Brett Tabke's (Webmaster World) Successful Site in 12 Months in Google Alone post for my next site. It doesn't differ much from... others' advice... the only part that I think I'll implement in my current sites, but maybe not the newest site, is this:

G) Outbound Links:
From every page, link to one or two high ranking sites under that particular keyword. Use your keyword in the link text (this is ultra important for the future).


Okay, I see value in linking to great, on-topic sites... but if you use the same keyword that you're shooting for - isn't that simply bolstering the competition??

So anyway, this is all going into the planning I'm doing for what I hope to be my greatest site yet - hopefully on par, and better, than my hobby site (which I really actually like!) On this upcoming site, I'm aiming for a DMOZ Cool Site listing, and About.com listing, and hopefully more... we shall see...

My other major project right now is working on promoting one keyword for my candle site - unity candles - in the past few weeks I have written about 5 articles for distribution, as well as a few articles over unity candles for the site. I thought I could write about one a day but I cannot think of aything more than I've already said about them! I even interviewed a minister and posted that - which was a great way to get info - but I think I may need to hire writers whenever I can afford it to think up more topics on unity candles.

So the keyword was on page 17 of MSN last week - then earlier today it was on page 1 of MSN - yet now it's nowhere to be found... so we'll just have to keep watching this.

My other goal right now is to finish posting the loads of PLR articles I've got on my PLR sites, then be done with those for a while.

7 Comments:

Blogger Learning Geek said...

Good to see you, I was wondering how you were doing. And it sounds like you are doing good ;) I have been working on my blogs and I want to get up all the sites I want done by the end of the year so I can work on them. Now time is all I need!

5:18 PM

 
Blogger jenn said...

I know, I took a bit of a break this month - but I think I'm back in the swing of things :)

I'm actually working on getting blogs up on some of my sites, partly due to all the talk of Text Link Ads doing well - and you can't use them on HTML pages so I figured I'd try them out on some blogs.

I hear ya - I need time too! Getting up at 4 and hitting the sites seems like the only solution but it rarely happens...

7:43 AM

 
Blogger TraderTim said...

As far as Brett Tabke's advice on outgoing links, I found a thread on webmasterworld explaining it: in the future, i.e. now, search engines will actually be placing relevance on OUTgoing links as well, as long as they are to good, relevant, authority sites, because you are providing a valuable service for your readers.

I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what was said in a thread.

Personally, if I do it, I'm going to make it so the link pops up in a new window so the user doesn't lose the original site: mine!

11:38 AM

 
Blogger TraderTim said...

As far as Brett Tabke's advice on outgoing links, I found a thread on webmasterworld explaining it: in the future, i.e. now, search engines will actually be placing relevance on OUTgoing links as well, as long as they are to good, relevant, authority sites, because you are providing a valuable service for your readers.

I don't know if that's true or not, but that's what was said in a thread.

Personally, if I do it, I'm going to make it so the link pops up in a new window so the user doesn't lose the original site: mine!

11:38 AM

 
Blogger greenaffiliate said...

Hi Jen,
Good to see you back...I always check your blog for new posts. I highly recommend text link ads. How about an article on ecofriendly unity candles and such?
take care,
Liz

9:31 AM

 
Blogger jenn said...

Hey Tim,

I had read that on WW too, but I have trouble linking to the exact same keyword that I'm targeting the page for - is that really necessary?? ;)

Liz,

You are the one that got me really excited about text link ads, especially after seeing your recent success with them!

That sounds like a good unity candle topic, too, thanks!

3:44 PM

 
Blogger Yogesh said...

Earning money online never been this easy and transparent. You would find great tips on how to make that dream amount every month.
So go ahead and click here for more details and open floodgates to your online income.
All the best.

6:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home