Friday, August 04, 2006

I Jumped on the Leverage Bandwagon

(Wait, first of all, I really do like this blog! Even though I deleted my last post...)


So I've really given a lot of thought to the idea of creating leverage lately, what with all the talk going around, and I'm glad I did, because I've found a new best friend: PLR articles.

Now there was a time when I shuddered at the thought of using them, but then I actually received some free ones, starting playing around with them, and realized it's MUCH easier for me to edit and add to one of them than it is for me to write an article from scratch.

What I do to make my PLR articles unique and valuable

First of all, I use my new 500 word minimum rule on each article. Since very few PLR's that I've seen reach 500 words - this means, of course, something has to be added.

This brings me to the second thing I do to give them added value - I look up the topic and try to add more information (as long as it's interesting) than other articles provide.

I also interject my own anecdotes and opinions.

And of course, I edit the article to make it grammatically correct, structurally sound, etc.

For most articles, after doing these things the article looks very little like the original.

However, I have run across a few great ones which just required a few changes.

The great thing about these is that I can easily do about 7 a day! Where as before I could barely get one or two articles written from scratch each day.

So, I'm reading reviews right now, and trying out free PLR samples, and after I find a good one I'm going to subscribe to it.


Oh, and my earnings for last month - struggling still - around $400

6 Comments:

Blogger Charles said...

Hi Jenn,

It seems like we're following a similar path after the days of JM.

I recently started using PLR articles as well.

I agree, they make life easier. I can bang out several rewrites a day without any hassle.

I just wrote up a PLR related review earlier today.

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Learning Geek said...

I *love* PLR articles. It is so much easier to reword then start from scratch! I have used quite a few memberships and cancelled all but one of them. The one I kept is the best - includes keyword lists and awesome headers.

I seriously need to do something with all of the articles on my harddrive. Good Luck, beware its addicting ;)

11:38 PM

 
Blogger Affiliates R Us said...

I too use PLR but only when I am absolutely stumped for something to say. (which usually is often :-P) Funny you have to check the grammur and speeling in them. It appears most time that english is a second to the person who authored these plr's i have. I find too, I dont know about anyonelse, that they are just packed spammed with keywords. Currently Im looking for an e-book writing and compiling tutorial, anyone know of a good place that'll teach or tutor how to compile an ebbok. I have the adobe package but sadly its not helpful in some areas. Any help here would be appreciated. !!!drop by and give me some advice PLEASE :)make money online with affiliate marketing

5:39 AM

 
Blogger jenn said...

AffiliatesRUs - You're right, they often are stuffed with way too many keywords, so I guess taking those out and making them natural is another thing I do.

LG - Let me know which one(s) you like if you can, as I'm shopping around right now. I have one I really like right now, but I'd like to see if there's something better.

Charles - I didn't realize you started with JM, too, yeah, it's a lot harder these days - it seems like PLR's are almost a must. Thanks for sharing the review, I will check it out.

8:41 AM

 
Blogger jenn said...

Haha, and I think English must be the second language for many of them - and do they not have spellcheck???

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Derek said...

Most likely they go to elance or getafreelancer and pay bottom $ for articles.. you can get 15 articles, 500+ words for 30 bucks.. gotta do some grammar corrections and such but they do the research and it does tend to make life alot easier..

4:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home