Wednesday, July 26, 2006

More quality content, please.

It always comes down to this - and I've decided it's time, once again, to ramp up the quality content.

After noticing how my longer articles on the new sites got higher PageRank than the others, I decided to have new length and quality standards for my articles. Now, each article will be a minimum of 500 words, and I'm going to try to pack them with as much good information as possible.

And I think this is going to be easier than ever, because I've found a topic that I'm really enjoying writing about - more than most - DEFINITELY more than wood flooring!

My new goal is to write one article each day - but a really informational one - for one of my new sites. I'm still going to be focusing on the flooring site, too, but am going to hire writers for that - I just don't think I can squeeze yet another wood flooring article out! So here are the last two I wrote, and hopefully the last two I will write: Brazilian cherry flooring and Mesquite flooring.

I also came across a nice handful of PLR articles that I'm going to rewrite and expand upon for one of the new sites - and even though I wouldn't normally associate PLR with quality - I'm hoping that I can shape them enough to be useful and unique, while saving some writing time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Learning Geek said...

Are you missing some posts or am I crazy?! Because that is entirely possible and I haven't had much sleep lately ;)

Hope all is going well with your sites!

8:42 PM

 
Blogger jenn said...

Haha, I deleted the last one - I posted about how I liked this blog - then I saw that the guy put up a cloaking guide... so I decided that linking to him wasn't a great idea.

Hope things are going well with yours too :) I think autumn's going to treat us well - at least I hope!

6:08 AM

 
Blogger TraderTim said...

Jenn, I'm just thinking out loud here, but I'm trying to figure out why you're having so many problems with the wood flooring site.

One idea comes to mind: people just don't use the internet that much for this kind of subject matter. Despite what any keyword reports may tell you, I just have this idea that if it were ME, and I wanted to install wood flooring in my house, I'd go down to the local Home Depot and find a live sales rep and inquire about my options that way.

There's this dude Jeremy Palmer who has a good ebook out about affiliate marketing, and he made a million dollars last year. How? By targeting products that can only be purchased online. For instance: online dating, audiobook downloads, and music mp3s. People looking to purchase these kinds of things are going to go to one place and one place only: the internet. Colin McDougall does something similar: credit card applications. There's another affiliate website I ran across that I kinda use as a teacher just by itself: nutritional-supplement-info.com

The guy who made this site claims to be making $10K a month with just this one site.

And when you look at his subject matter, it's brilliant: people need information about supplements, they search google, they find the information, he suggests a related product. They order it. The product a) needs replenishing every few weeks and b) pays a commission for any returning customers.

So that's my new thing. Think about the subject matter from the customer end. If I needed information on something, would I go to the internet for it, or to a real life store?

Just a thought. I'm still a beginner.

8:00 PM

 
Blogger jenn said...

Hey Tim,

Those are great points, and when I started making affiliate sites, I only did ones over stuff I bought online.

Then I went out on a limb and built sites, like this one, that showed promise in the research I did. The reason I'm working on wood flooring is because... even though it gets very few visitors... I still make more from it than most of my others - shhh.

Plus, I wouldn't touch the credit card industry with a ten foot pole - not unless I had some employees cranking out a bunch of good articles... and then I still might not...

4:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home