Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Getting close to 50 fast!

Whew, in the last week I've been spending a lot of time at Wordtracker getting ideas for new sites for the 50 site challenge. I figured since domains are now $2.95 at IPower, now would be the best time to do it. That coupled with the fact that I've got a HostGator hosting account that's $9.95 for unlimited domains (thanks for the recommendation, BJ), having a lot of sites is pretty cheap!

So in the past week I've bought 28 domain names (making a total of 34 since the challenge has started) and researched the keywords for them - buying all of these is really starting to seem pretty crazy! But it's also been a lot of fun. I figure this week I'll try to buy and research the rest - maybe even more than 50 total - and then next week comes the tough part - writing articles. Yes, my measly Elance budget is not going to be enough to get this beast going, I'm going back to my goal of 5 articles/day for a while starting next week, how long is yet to be known.

4 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

50 sites is nuts! are you making them static sites or using wordpress or something similar? how are you doing with the clickbank and commision junction things? thanks, Derek.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger Mark said...

I wish you all the best in your endeavour and hope you get there even if you don't I wouldn't feel that bad because you seem to be doing quite well anyway.

11:29 PM

 
Blogger Learning Geek said...

You are kicking butt, I wish I was doing half as well!! And I know I am on the hook with this LOL.

I can say I have been working on my established sites and trying to boost them up. Now I need to throw up some new ones too.

I actually ended up thinking - if I end up with 50 sites total (adding on to what I have now) I would be just as happy with myself. Yea, that gets me thru the night ;)

2:47 PM

 
Blogger jenn said...

Derek - I haven't focused on the Clickbank thing this week, so I haven't been promoting it yet - but believe me, I do plan on putting a lot into it - I need another basket of eggs in this market!

Thanks Mark, that's sweet :) Makes me feel a little better.

LG - Well, buying the domains and actually writing the articles for them are two different things - so I'm not that far ahead :) You know what, I was also thinking that I do have 50 sites total now and I am pretty happy with that... even considered stopping here, but we'll see.

4:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home